Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sawyer: 3 months

I can't believe our Sawyer is 3 months old! She giggled yesterday for the first time (1.19.11) It was a different day yesterday because she didn't take her nap in the morning like she usually does, and everytime I would get her to sleep and lay her down she would wake up in like 10 minutes. I was started to get a little frustrated, and I was talking to her telling her that she should probably take a nap and thats when she giggled at me! She was letting me know that she was the boss around here I guess! It was funny because she got the hiccups right after that, and that is what happens to Lauren and I when we laugh unexpectedly!
Sawyer has the sweetest little voice and loves to use it! She is full of smiles and loves to show them off! She really likes her bouncy chair, and can bounce for hours if I let her! She is starting to kick when she is excited, if I don't buckle her in her bouncy chair she almost bounces her self right out. Sawyer is a pretty good sleeper at night and has given me a few full nights of sleep, but if not a full nights sleep she usually only wakes up once!
Sawyer's hair is growing, and she almost looks like she needs her bangs trimmed, it took me about a year to buckle down and trim Lauren's bangs, so I don't know what I will do! Her hair is also growing in blonde :( So we will see if she turns blondish brown like her big sister. Also I am interested to see if her curly hair will stick, Lauren had curl in her hair (not as much as Sawyer) and as it grew the curl just pulled right out of it. I dont' know why they have to tease me like this!
Everyone's comment to baby Sawyer is "wow, look at all that hair!" I totally agree! Her Uncle Steven can't get enough of her hair and just holds her to play with her hair because it is so soft!
Sawyer likes to be held so that she can see what is going on! She likes to sit in my lap and see what everyone is doing around her! If she is not happy with her position she can go from happy to mad in no seconds flat! She is starting to get some strength in her legs, and can hold her self for a few minutes. I had to make the transition to her 3-6 month clothes, but was still so sad to see the 0-3 go!
Sawyer is a quick eater, it only takes her maybe 5 to 10 minutes to eat and she is satisfied. Lauren was kind of a lolly gagger when it came to eating and would eat sometimes for 20 or 30 minutes all together. I am also grateful to still be nursing her because Lauren quit nursing around 3 or 4 months. She would start to cry about 5 minutes into feeding her, and feeding time became a very stressfull time. I was worried that maybe something was wrong with my milk, but it seems to suit Sawyer so I pray we can keep this up! It is so nice to nurse and not have to worry about formula, so I will just keep my fingers crossed!
We love our baby Sawyer and don't know what we did without her! Lauren is such a great sister, and I am grateful that she transitioned well with our new addition.
















2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh I about died when I saw the picture of her with her hair in a ponytail it's SO DANG CUTE!!!! What a sweetheart!

Lost In Love said...

I can not believe she is 3 months old already! I feel like you just had her yesterday! I hope she likes slightly older boys ;)