Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lauren's Prayer



Sometimes when Lauren say's her prayer's it makes me think that I am doing something right.. but what surprises me the most is that half the time I don't know where she comes up with the stuff she say's but I am glad she understands how to pray. She say's some of the sweetest things in her prayers and I am grateful that she is so thoughtful! Her normal prayers start out with gratsful (that is how gratefull sounds) for Grandma Jolley and papa and Grandma Debbie and Grandmpa Steve, and then whatever she is feeling up to saying that day. She honestly came up with that on her own

So we were sitting down to eat lunch and I asked her if she wanted me to pray or if she would like to. She wanted me too (and then she usually wants to say one after me) So I said the prayer and then she wanted to say one, and it went like this.


"Heavenly Father, gratsful for this day, gratsful for the opportunity (it didn't quiet come out that clear) to go to church, gratsful for my body (I am guessing that came from the Nursery lesson, because it was on her paper that she colored), gratsful that dad can go to work, gratsful for the food, name of Jesus Christ Amen.




Oh Lady Lauren how I love you!

2 comments:

nina said...

That's so sweet. I love how she says how grateful she is for everything. I really have to remind my girls of that. They say a lot of "please bless" and forget to say "thank you"

Bagleys said...

What a sweet girl you have!!! That is so cute. I love hearing what little kids think of to say for their prayers!!! Lilly has the same outfit in that first picture! How funny!