Saturday, January 1, 2011

Holiday Happenings

This holiday season has been a fun one :) We have had the opportunity to do a lot of fun activities with our family! Christmas was great and everyone on my side of the family was able to be her in the Big Horn Basin for Christmas. Since Aimee and Spencer have moved across the mountain we miss being able to see them all the time. So we took every opportunity we had to be with them!!
Grandma took all of the Grandkids swimming, and Uncle Spencer was nice enough to get in the water with them so I could hang on the side of the pool with Sawyer..


Spencer only got in I think to terrorize Triffen and Lauren! But that's what Uncle Spencer is all about I guess :)

Lauren is still pretty shy when she is in the water and clings to whoever she can, she did get brave this time and went out on her own a little bit!

Here she is on her own! This is a really big step for her, but I am glad she likes the water now.. it only took her 2 1/2 years!


The next activity we did was ice skating (and in some cases boot skating)! We went out to Moncur's Skating Corral. I have never been ice skating out there before now and they have a pretty nice set up. And the best part is that they have a heater in the little hut with all the ice skates. That's were Kandace and I shacked for the most part because we had the little ones, and there was a nice big window we could look out to see everyone out on the ice.

Triffen and Lauren had the most fun with the shovel! Lauren was more than happy to be pushed around on the shovel the whole time! Like a little princess on her throne!




Jake was the only adult who tried out the skates! He did pretty good on them too :)



And thanks to a break in my parents water pipe and having to dig up some dirt and replace the hole with sand, there was a nice pile of dirt to sled on! And once again her majesty was more than happy to be pulled around on the sled! Good thing her cousins kind of like her :)




And I didn't have my camera to capture our bowling party. Every year we have always had a big Jolley Family Christmas party with all my dad's brother's and sister's and it is usually the highlight of Christmas. But as our family's are expanding it is harder and harder to get everyone together on the same day. So my parents have kept the tradition going with our immidiate family, and they take us bowling (on them!). It is always so much fun getting together and having the competitive side come out in us! Of course the boy's usaully win every time.. I think Jake was the winner overall this year! I mostly go for the pizza, and after a while the boy's finish up the game for everyone, but they love it and the girls end up talking the whole time, but we have a blast!
That is a wrap up on our Christmas Vacation Happenings. New Years was not so fun for our family because we were all sick :( But everyone is starting to feel a little better now and I am so thankful. It was the weirdest flu I have ever had before, I had the worst stomach ache with no other simptoms for (going on) 6 days. I am still not in tip top shape but feeling much better. The only thing that would releve my pain was a hot shower and 3 hot showers a day kind of dry's your skin out so I am glad I don't have to do that any more!
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: