Monday, January 5, 2009

A (late) Merry Christmas and (late) Happy New Year!

I know it is a little late to be talking about Christmas, but I just havn't had any time until now to write about it! Before Christmas we had our annual Jolley and Asay Christmas parties which are always fun. Both parties were held at the Armory thanks to my brother Spencer! At the Jolley party the tradition is to have the little kids do the nativity scene and then someone reads the Christmas story. For the Asay party we play games and exchange white elephant gifts! While I am still talking about parties, my parents also have a family party and we went bowling (After Christmas!) I didn't do so well but I gave it my all!
Christmas Eve is Erik's birthday, so for his birthday his mom had a birthday dinner, and this year all of the family was able to be there!For his birthday I got him a gift card to Cabela's because he wanted a coat and some floor mats for his truck, and I didn't trust myself ordering those, so I let him! Come to find out he found a good sale on the coat, and with the rest of the money bought a new bathroom curtain and matching accessories! It is of a deer and outdoor setting of course, but I will take it!!
Our Christmas day begins! I can finally get Lauren hair into a good pony tail, it's not a unicorn pony anymore! Thanks to Kimberly for making these cute hairbows, Laurens outfit was complete!

Lauren had a good Christmas! It was a long Christmas day for her but she was a good sport, but was ready to go home! It started at Erik's parents house at about 8..

then we went to my parents around 10 for pancakes, strawberries and whip cream. Next stop was Erik's Grandma Allred for more breakfast, and last but not least grandma Fran's.

It was definitely a long day, but it was a fun day!
Lauren got a lot of fun stuff for Christmas! Grandma Debbie tends to spoil her! This is her saucer, that she loves! She hasn't figured out how to jump in it yet but I am sure she will!

Lauren is growing up so fast, she is already 6 months. As you can see in the pictures she is getting BIG! She is sitting up on her own, and loving it. She is starting to scoot backwards on her tummy, I don't know if I a quite ready for her to crawl!
I will brag on her more later, because she is getting fussy!
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Lauren is adorable, Lacey! I am so happy you had a great Christmas! Happy New Year to your precious little family!

Kim said...

Lacey,
Lauren is too cute. I hope that I can get Kenley's hair in a pony tail, right now she sports the look of a finger in an electrical socket. Its seriously out of control.

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad you posted! It was definitely a long day - but a good one! That saucer looks awesome for Lauren (I'm a little jealous of it - even though my girls obviously don't use one anymore). Oh and go to scrapblog.com to make your own header like mine!

Nick & Lindi said...

Lacey It looks like you had a great Christmas!! Lauren is SOO stickining CUTE and getting SOO BIG!! I hope all is well!!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Lauren is getting so big! Still cute as ever:)

Becca said...

It sounds like you guys had a good Christmas. Lauren looks so cute with her ponytail!

Kimberly said...

I love the header! Looks like you are a pro when it comes to scrapblog!