Thursday, January 15, 2009

Have you smiled today?


I hope you have now!!
We were getting ready to eat, and she usually eats with clothes on but I was changing her diaper and I knew I was going to give her a bath so I just undressed her right then! Her hair was in a pony the day before.. so that explains the crazyness of it! I don't really like the saying "hottie" for my sweet little girl, but it was the bib that I pulled out of the drawer and I just think the look she is giving me is so cute.. like give me a break mom! I just couldn't help but laugh when I saw how the picture turned out, and I hope you can have a laugh too!
We have dialed in on a permenant babysitter and are hoping that it works out! I am very comfortable with who we have chosen, and feel that she will be very reliable. I have to say thanks to my sister-in-law Aimee and the girls at CRC for thinking of me and helping me find a babysitter!

We got our bathroom stuff in from cabela's (of course, were else would Erik shop!) and it looks pretty good I think! It is amazing what a little color can do for such a small bathroom. Erik already had a shower curtain when I moved in and it was just tan, and he had a tan bath mat and tan seat cover for the toilet. So you can imagine how DULL it was! I guess I just got so used to it and it didn't really bother me, but now I am glad that he got it :)
It isn't much, but I don't know much else you can do with a bathroom this small! It obviously goes with the rest of the decor in the house! You can't really see it, but the top strip is of tree's and the bottom strip is of deer by a creek or something, you guessed it the bath mat is also of the deer by the creek!

Our next project is to fix what ever is the matter with our breaker box, we have no electricity in our backroom where the washer and dryer are. You can't see it but there is an extention cord that is plugged into the bathroom outlet by the sink going into the backroom were is plugs into the washer.. then when we are done with the washer I unplug it and plug in the dryer! I can't complain because I do have a washer and dryer, but I can't use them at the same time or we might blow the breaker that is attached to the bathroom! Oh the joys of living in an old house!! So I have invited my mom and dad over for dinner on Friday so that my dad can look at the breaker box and see if he can fix it!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

She is soooo cute! Erik will not like the HOTTIE term when she is a teenager, but for now it is adorable!!

Kimberly said...

What a cute picture! I am itching to see you guys again! The bathroom isn't so bad. I was worried when you said what Erik had gotten, but it looks pretty decent. Of course the next time I come up I'm going to help you decorate some stuff for YOU! That's crazy about having to plug and unplug the washer to use the dryer. It is a really old house, but I guess it could always be worse, right?

Nick & Lindi said...

i LOVE that pic of Lauren. SO sweet!! She is a doll lace!! I just love her. And your bathroom is cute. I like the colors and of course you have to go with hunting, so its VERY cute!!