Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What does a sheep say?

Lauren knows!! Baa baa or it's more like abuu buu buu in Lauren's world! She has figured out the B sound and is LOVING it! It is the first thing she does in the morning! She is such a sweet baby and I love watching her grow and learn new things! She is sitting up like a pro now, and loves to reach for everything! She also loves to put everything in her mouth. She has finally figured out how to hold her own bottle, and will hardly let me help her with it anymore! She is growing way to fast. I have pictures to share but they are not with me so I will try to post them ASAP because there are some good ones!
I don't want to jinx anything but Lauren is my favorite little girl right now. I have just lately figured out that she likes music. For example when I am trying to get her to sleep, sometimes she fights it and then right when I start to sing she automatically calms down and cuddles with me. I have been wanting to try to train her to sooth herself to sleep but couldn't get myself to let her cry, so I thought if I turned on the music while I was bouncing her to sleep she would let the music sooth her and then when I got ready to just lay her down awake in her bed she would hear the music and that would help her go to sleep. So last night as I am trying to wien myself as well (because I love to cuddle with her while she sleeps) I just laid her in my bed and laid down with her with the music on of course. She started moving her head from side to side and then she started not to as much and within 5 or 6 minutes she was out, WITHOUT crying at all! I could have cried I was so excited! Tonight I am going to try it in her bed without me laying right next to her, haha I will be in their holding her hand though, becuase that is my favorite part of the night! So we will see what happens! And the little angel slept all night long, which she hasn't done in about 2 months! I was the one who was getting up every two hours, and I couldn't go back to sleep around 5am so I got her out of her bed and cuddled with her! I am just so proud of Lauren, she is a star!
I am in search for a babysitter while I sub, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know! I have a few people in mind, but it is so hard to find babysitters sometimes. School has started up agian, so I should really be doing something productive, rather than blogging.. So until I post agian I hope everyone has a good day:)

4 comments:

Nick & Lindi said...

Baby Lauren sounds SOO sweet Lace!! I want to meet her. Maybe I can when we come home in March? If I lived there I would babysit for you! :) Sounds like things are going well.
Ps. I LOVE your header. So CUTE!!

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to see pictures of her. That's awesome that she is doing so good with everything. I SO WISH that I lived there so that I could baby-sit her for you! Oh well. Hopefully we'll be back for a visit sooner than later - and I am definitely hoping that one of these days we can bring Jaxon with us so everyone can see him!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.