Monday, December 22, 2008

A Pretty Good Day...

Today I was finishing up my Christmas shopping in Lovell, because now a days Lovell has a wide variety to chose from. I had just stopped at Lovell Drug to pick up some stuff, and then I wanted to go to the Hen House to find a present for my mom. There wasn't a parking space close to the Hen House so I had to park up by the Box Office, and I saw the store "This is That Place" (or something along those lines) and I decided I would look around in there because it looked crafty and I had never been in there before. So I was walking around and Peggy Rohrer asked me how I was doing and then said did I ever give your gift certificate to your mom to give to you. I said no, and asked if I was even deserving a gift certificate. She said I wanted to give you one for you wedding and forgot all about it, so look around and find something worth about 50 dollars. I about fell over, because that is quite a lot of money; she insisted so I did, and this was my findings...
Lauren doesn't really have a room, but in the back room with the laundry is were her dresser is. So that is were I plan to put this! It is hard to tell in the picture but were the flowers and butterfly's are is like a coat hanger.
Next I found..
This cute heart, I though we could put it in our kitchen and maybe put the mail in! Our kitchen is painted red on the bottom half, so I think it will match perfectly!
I thought that was so kind of Peggy, and I am sure happy I went in there! I didn't even realize that it was a crafty store. This just shows how thoughtful and caring our communtity really is. Now I just hope I can be that giving for someone else.
After that I did go the The Hen House and found the PERFECT gift for my mom, which I am really excited about and I wish she would just except it now! She likes the surprise so she is making me wait until Christmas for her to open it.
I am also excited because Erik has NO idea what I am getting him. In years past he has been able to guess all of his presents ( He probably peeks, but I just think he reads minds!) Maybe Erik thinks he knows what he is getting this year, but I am pretty sure I will surprise him!
So I hope I can make someone feel as special as Peggy has made me feel today!
Now for Lauren's world...
She is starting to sit up on her own, and this is how it all began!
The laundy basket! And the bib she is wearing is for the drool, because she is an amazing drooler. If there were a contest to see who could drool the most I think she would win!
Lauren likes her laundry basket time, and is even sitting up good without the laundry basket! When she is sitting up on her own sometimes she will start to fall back, and she is getting better but she doesn't always catch herself she just leans back harder, and really hits the pillow!


Her next new favorite thing is buzzing her lips, or somepeople call it blowing raspberries (I think!) But she really fills her cheeks up with air and gives it all she has! It is so fun to watch her discover and learn new things! Not a day goes by when she doesn't make me smile! (Maybe a night, but not a day!! Just kidding)

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

nina said...

Wow that is so nice of Peggy Rohrer, that is something that is just so kind, it probably really took you by surprise. I want to be like that someday.

Tracy said...

FUN for you!!! :-) Lauren is getting SOOO BIG and CUTE!!

Trevor & Andrea said...

You have such an adorable lil girl! i am sure you know that! :)

Becca said...

That is some cute stuff, I'll have to check out that store next time we come up.

Stacey said...

Lauren is getting so big! I hope you had a great Christmas with your little girl! Those little surprises make a day wonderful! Happy New Year!