Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Dear Grandma

I don't know if there are any words that can explain how great of a wife, mother, grandmother, greatgrandmother, or friend my Grandma Delsa Asay was. She was the sweetest person I have ever met, and as her nurses said at the Lovell Hospital "even if the devil himself walked in, she would find something good to say about him."
Grandma Asay was sent home to be with her Hevenly Father Sunday December 7. For the past week she has been getting weaker and weaker and was in a lot of pain. She fainted Friday afternoon, and was put in the hospital. They had thought she had a stroke but she only fainted because her heart was pumping 170 beats per min. and couldnt' get enough oxgyn. Friday when we went to see her my mom asked her if she wanted to get up and move around, being the sweet person she said "Isn't it just to bad, I am so weak and it is so hard for me." Saturday my sister and I went to see my Grandma again and that is when we noticed that she was becoming confused. She would start to tell us a story and would repeat it a couple of times and then she would change the subject. I am glad we went to see her because the next day she just got worse and worse. Sunday is when they found she had amonnia. When I went to the hospital Sunday at about 5 she was not able to communicate. She was still trying to talk but she couldn't tell us what she wanted. They gave her medicine to ease the pain because she was so tense and as a family we waited with her while she went. They gave her a blessing to let her got, and they gave my grandpa a blessing to help him as he deals with the loss of his sweetheart. I am so thankful for my loving family, we were able to laugh and cry and remember all of the good times we had with Grandma.
The sweetest thing I have ever heard was that night as we sat with my grandma, my grandpa said "She was the only girl I ever had."

When my grandma and grandpa first met, they had some interesting encounters! They were at a dance one time, dancing of course! My grandpa told my grandma Ms. Harris you dance a lot like me, and I am not a very good dancer!
That is my grandpa's humor for you, but my grandma can sure keep up with him!
When they were over sea's (where at I am not sure) but this little boy loved my grandma and one time at church my grandma and her family walked in late and this little boy in a loud whisper said "Hey Delsa got any gum?" My grandma always carried gum and of course in embaressment she gave him a peice! Then when they were outside the church this same little boy was talking to my grandma. They had a really fancy car called and LTD and this little boy was amazed with it, when he saw LTD he asked what it meant and with no hesitation my grandma said "Lets Take Delsa!"
She was an amazing women and she will be deeply missed.
I love you Grandma!
Her funeral will be Saturday December 13, 2008 at 12.





12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey Lacey,
My mom told me about your grandma. I'm so sorry. Even though we know they are in a better place, it's still hard cause we miss them here. I hope you're doing alright and we still can't wait to see you (next week)!

Lauren said...

Lacey, I am sorry to hear about your Grandma, too. She was a GREAT lady. Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tracy said...

I LOVED your Grandma!!! She was the most AMAZING lady and my all time favorite lady that I have ever Visit Taught!! She taught me so much by her example and stories!! I will miss her smile and hugs!! I know you all will miss her, I also know you understand she is at peace and in a REALLY GOOD place!!

{{HUGS}}!!

KrIStiN said...

Lacey, sorry to hear about your grandma, she was a wonderful woman, your family is in our prayers!!

nina said...

She was an amazing woman. I remember her coming to story time at the library when we were little and teaching us how to yodle and square dance. She was so much fun. To have an impact on so many people is truly a great accomplishment. I'm sorry to hear of her passing.

Trevor & Andrea said...

Sorry to hear about your loss! she was a great lady who left a great legacy behind with some pretty awesome family:)

Nick & Lindi said...

OOO LACE... I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma!! I wasn't aware of this situation at all. :( What s SWEET SWEET thing you wrote for her. You almost had me in tears because I have always loved your grandma. I know that you guys will miss her SOO MUCH!!! I'm sorry that you have to go through this loss!! I'll always remember her sweet spirit and AMAZING story telling!! Hang in there sweety!! Just think how happy and pain free she must be now!! Love ya

Tama said...

What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful person! We are praying for your family. (Side note-Now that I have your blog address, check out ours at tamas-tales.blogspot.com

Linda said...

What an awsome lady! She will be missed. All I can say is I would love to be her on judgement day.

Becca said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandma. But she sure does seem like a sweet lady.

Becca said...

Also I wanted to add, Phillip just saw this post and said that your told some "unreal stories." I thought you might like to hear that.

Lana Brimhall said...

That was great Lacey. I have always called her grandma asay too. When we were little and would come visit your family on Sundays, we would run over just to see then and say hi. I will miss her too. Love ya.
Lana
crazybrimhalls@blogspot