Saturday, October 13, 2012

First Day of Preschool

 
My little Lady has started Preschool! She has been anticipating this day for quite a while now! The Preschool had already had a screening day and a family fun night, so Lauren "knew" what she was doing now! At the family fun night they had a bus there for the kiddos to get on, and so when I asked her if she would like me to take her to the first day of school (thinking she might be nervous/scarred) she said, "no mom I don't want to ride in the van, I need to ride on the bus with my friends." Well ok then!


 She wrote it all by herself! (with a little help from whiteout, we made it work!)


The bus comes to Byron at 12:55, and 12:55 could not come quick enough for miss Lauren! At about 12:20 I decided I couldn't take it any longer and we started walking to the bus stop! We got there and still had lots of time to spare, but Lauren informed Sawyer and I that we should help her look for her bus!

Lauren waiting impatiently patiently at the 1st bus stop!
 
We played around there for a few minutes, and then I decided to walk to the next bus stop (where the bus stops first) because Lauren needed something to distract her!

As we were walking she saw the bus! She wanted to jump out of the stroller and run, but I did contain her! She was SO excited and it was hard to even grab a picture of her because she wanted to get on the bus!






She got on! She was off!

When we went to pick her up from the bus stop, she got off the bus and looked a little tired and red. When she saw me she said "I am a little tired mom, and really hot!" Apperantly the bus was hot that day! She told me all about school and her favorite part was that they got "mail" to bring home! We sat in the van for a while while she told me about school and then we headed home. When we got home she but her backpack up and went and sat on the couch and said "mom, I need some juice, it was a hard day at preschool today!" Right, Lauren!! (She woke up a lot earlier than she usually does because she was so excited about school, so I think she was just tired!)

Silly Story - The preschool teacher's name is Mrs. Richards and her aid is Mrs. Peck.
So when Lauren was telling me about school she said I think there are two Mrs. Richards, and I told you probably are thinking about Mrs. Peck, she agreed!
Then she was telling Erik about her teachers and said Mrs. Peckards! Lauren knew that didn't sound right and she looked at me, so I reminded her Mrs. Richards and Mrs. Peck!!

No comments: