Monday, October 29, 2012

That plan backfired... literally!


Yesterday Erik was working on his truck and asked me to come help him, I so kindly agreed. His truck wasn't starting up so he asked me to spray some starting fluid for him.. sure no biggy, I have done this before. So I sprayed the starting fluid and the truck still wouldn't start. So he started to wiggle things around and see what the problem was, I went back inside. He came in again and asked me to spray the starting fluid for him agian. So he tried starting the truck and I spraid the starting fluid, the truck was sounding like it was going to start and he said to spray somemore (atleast I think he told me that, or I just sprayed more because it seemed to be helping) then. it. backfired. I see a big flame shooting out (at me) and hear a big boom! I scream and jump back. Then I realize that hair burns, I have lots of hair, I love my hair and my eyebrows... Is it still there?! Erik jumps out of the truck and asks if I am ok, and he looks at me and his eye's get BIG and then he laughs. Yes, he laughs. I think I start to laugh and cry because I don't have a clue what I look like! He gives me hug (still laughing) and makes sure I'm ok and says "Uh, I think you are going to need a hair cut." I ask if it is bad, and he says it just got your bangs (I love my bangs!) and then I move my face around and feel my eyebrows are crunchy feeling and I panick and ask if my eyebrown are still there. He laughs and says yeah they are still there but the ends are burnt. Then he asks me if I am ok one more time and asks if I am mentally ok, and I say yes. Then he laughs so hard that he almost fell to the ground! At this point I don't want to look in the mirror, because the smell of my burnt hair was enough to make me thing the worst, but I look and it wasn't terribly bad, but not terribly good either!



 
 
 

Pictures never do any justice... My hair was kind of wind blown back so it got under my bangs, and I can hide it easily. Some of my longer hair was infront of my jacket and the ends got singed together. So I will definitely need a hair cut, but it didn't do as much damage as I thought, or as it could have done. My eyebrows and my eyelashes are a tad bit shorter now, but again - nothing I can't handle. I am just grateful that it didn't do anymore damage. Yikes!

4 comments:

nina said...

How scary, I would have freaked out too!

Kimberly said...

Holy cow Lacey! I'm glad you're ok!

Stacey said...

I am glad you are ok!! You are still as beautiful as ever!

The Hammonds said...

OH man Lace! Scary story, but now that I know you are okay it is also hilarious!