Friday, March 23, 2012

The New Bike!

Our Lady Lauren is 3 1/2 years old and she has never had a bike! Ooops! A while ago she came back from the College Day Care and was so excited because she got to ride a bike and quote "I rode a bike mom, and I didn't even fall off!" With her voice rising with excitement! We had been thinking about getting her a bike for Christmas - but then she couldn't ride it because it was cold. So I was going to wait until her birthday - but that seemed to far away. So Erik and Lauren made a special trip to Walmart and got her a bike!

Lauren SO excited for her new bike!
Waiting so patiently for her dad to get the bike all ready!
Erik spoils Lauren rotten! He thinks I do.. but if I were there buying the bike I would have probably just boughten the bike and nothing else. He bought her the barbie helmet, the barbie basket, and the little sreamers that go on the handle bars! He is the weak parent!! Just kidding!




And she is off :)



She is a very causious bike rider and doesn't care to go too fast! Training wheels make it a peice of cake for her to ride. I am not looking forward to teaching her to ride without them because I can see the drama after he falling off once or twice! So for now we will stick with the training wheels, and maybe when she is 7 we will try to take them off ;)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

So cute! We've always had hand-me-down bikes, never bought one before. Danen is the same way with his kids. If I say I'm going to buy something for them he wants me to go cheap all the way, but get him to a store to buy something for them and he is such a softy, he can't resist spoiling them. I think it's cut when the daddy's are like that.