Thursday, May 19, 2011

This, That, and the Other

We have celebrated a few birthdays this month, my mom's (May 8th), and the ones that I have pictures of are my nefew Triffens (May 17th) and mine (May 18th).
Triffen turned 3 and had his birthday at the Deaver park. His mom thought up the CUTEST way to serve the dessert! Triffen asked for John Deere tractors.. and that is what he got!
I don't think there was a better was to serve dirt! 
The Birthday boy!
 Triffen had his own tractor with his own dirt in it to eat. I didn't get a closer picture, but you can sort of see it!

 The next birthday was mine! The morning of my birthday Erik was trying to get Lauren to tell me happy birthday, and she was acting all shy and wouldn't tell me! My sister had called me to wish me a happy birthday and Lauren asked "who was that, what did she want..." I told her it was Lila and that she told me happy birthday. Erik again said, Lauren tell mom happy birthday, and Lauren without skipping a beat said "Lila already did!" Lauren finally by the end of the day was able to tell me happy birthday (only once) without feeling so shy! My mom always makes our favorite meal, and this year I chose chip beef gravy on toast (I think I choose that every year)! It is one of my Grandma Asay's specialty's, and I absolutely love it! Lauren loves birthday parties and was so excited for the cake and candles!
 Lauren and I, she is keeping her eye on the prize!
 Lila and Sawyer!
 Serving up the cake and ice cream! Don't ask me what H.B. is doing with Sawyer!! Haha!
 After the party we went to the living room to talk, and we had the door open and my mom's "pets" came to the door! She has had chickens for over a year now, and just got these 3 chicks from a neighbor who hatched them for school and didn't want them anymore. My mom has a chicken book that she has been reading and read that chickens make good pets! She is trying it out on these 3 because they don't mingle with the other chickens and keep to themselves. Every night the chickens come to the front door and my mom carries them one by one to the back breeze way were they sleep for the night!
 My mom trying to catch her pets!
 Here's the girls and "Hawk" my mom says she thinks this one looks like a hawk, so he shall be names Hawk!
 That same night my brother Jacob came with his new truck to show off his skills! Jacob just recently started this new job, and I don't know much about it. I know it's a big vaccuum and he can clean up ditches, graineries,  and he does a lot of clean up for oil companies, and I am sure much much more! It was kind of neat to see this big vaccuum work!
 Jake has a remote around his neck and controls just about everything on the truck from that!
 My dad "Farmer Dave" watching!
 Getting ready to clean!
 This pressure washer is also controlled by his remote on his neck! With the pressure washer he is breaking things up so that it can be sucked up.
 Lila and Sawyer watching the action!
 The ditch is clean! Atleast that part of the ditch was clean!
 My mom working, while my dad stands and watches!! He is a slave driver I tell ya!

No comments: