Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's

My dear Sawyer has thrown me for a complete loop, she is a total momma's girl. When I say that I mean she can be completely happy with me and then I pass her on to someone else and she starts to cry like they just pinched her, they hand her back and she instantly stops. She won't take a bottle, but sometimes she will after some protesting. She won't take a pacifier. She is just the complete opposite of Lauren. Once you think you have a child figured out, we go and have another and they are nothing the same! Well, I have been stuggling with this (Sawyer being a momma only girl) and it is sometimes can be of an inconveinance. But as I was getting ready this morning the thought came to me, you're going to miss this Lacey. Today as I was talking to a mother who had teenagers she said, "oh but isn't it great to be needed like that." Yes, yes it is! I just get a little selfish at times I guess, like when I want to go to Billings to go shopping or even Cody I decide not to because Sawyer does not like to travel and it isn't always the easiest to cart her around from store to store. It would be so much easier to just leave her with one of her Grandma's who adore her as much as I, but she just won't stand for that! So I guess in the mean time I will save money by not going shopping whenever I feel the need to! I will try to enjoy this while it last's. I remember when Sawyer was first born and we were still in the hospital, the thought came to me that Sawyer was going to be her Daddy's little buddy and that she might be a tom-boy. So maybe this is her way of getting all her loving in on me before she's Daddy's little girl! Being a mother is so rewarding, but it has its times of trials. There are days that I want to kick myself, and know that I should probably be the one sitting in time-out, but somehow we make it through! I love that children are so forgiving. Lauren can forgive me with in seconds, and I am grateful for that quality!

I am so grateful for the women that I have in my life to be examples for me. I am so grateful for my mom and her willingness to serve! I have had many people, older and young, tell me of what a great 5th grade teacher she was, and some even said she was their favorite! I think singing folk songs in her class is what a lot of people remember! I happen to know that she was a great teacher, because she taught me! When I was up at Girls Camp lots of people talked about my mom and how fun she was, and how she made Camp fun for everyone. My mom doesn't ever like a dull moment and so she is always trying to lighten the mood and make things fun! My mom is a very kind and thoughtful person, with a touch of sarcasm! She is so supportive and wants nothing but the best for children! She is so active, and I love to be around her because it makes me want to be more like her. She can watch her grandchildren, rake the lawn, cook lunch, do an activity with the kids and still have more idea's up her sleaves all in one day! She loves to go on "adventure walks" and we as kids loved it and now our kids love to do it with her too! What can I say, she's my mom!



The last 4 years I have been blessed with having Debbie, my mother-in-law in my life. She is the most giving person I have ever known. She let's me go "shopping" in her food storage room and has saved me 1000's of dollars by letting me do that. She is an amazing cook, and feeds my family every Sunday evening a wonderful meal, and then usually sends us home with somethings delecious for the next day! Enough can not be said about her willingness to give. She loves her children and grandchildren and wants nothing more then for them to be happy! She is always willing to watch my children, and takes great care of them! She can also sew anything! My family has benifited from her making us blankets, curtains, mending jeans, christmas stockings, and many more things! I really should be watching her every step and learning as much as I can from her, but I dont',  I just sit back and enjoy it. She really has given my family so much and I can not thank her enough!


Oh, and another thing about Debbie... she doesn't like to have her pictures taken! I had to search hard to find these pictures, and even had to steal one from Kimberly's blog!
Again I am grateful for the women in my life and the joy that they bring into my life! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

nina said...

That was such a sweet post Lacey, you do have a great mom and mom in law!

Emily Asay said...

Your mom is AMAZING. I can't say enough about her good attitude, optimism, willingness to try new things, help others, on and on. I LOVE her!!

Linda said...

I've always admired both of these women. You are indeed blessed.