Monday, July 20, 2009

Camping!

This last weekend Erik, Lauren and I were able to go camping up on the Big Horns! I hadn't been up on the mountain this WHOLE year and so I was really excited! This was Lauren's first trip up to the Mountains and I think that she enjoyed herself :) EXCEPT for the fact that she had diaria. We left our house and had to make a few stops before heading up the mountain and she managed to poop out of 3 outfits before we got to the mountain. I was glad that I packed 7 outfits, because by the end of our camping trip we had only 1 outfit left. But we made it!

We camped with the Mickelson's, they were nice enough to let us camp at their camp spot! And nice enough to cook us food! Nicole was the preparer of the meals and she did a FABULOUS job. We had shishcabobs (I just sounded that one out so excuse the spelling) one night and they were SO good! my camping meal would have been hamburgers and hotdogs, so we are REALLY glad she was the cook!


Saturday we wanted to do something fun, so someone suggested going to Porcupine Falls (now I would have some choice words to say to that someone!!) So we all thought it sounded like a good idea so we went. First we went to meet Erik's brother Steven on the Highway so he could join in our Mountain fun! On our way to get Steven, Lauren feel asleep on the 4-wheeler! So when we got Steven, him and Erik road the 4-wheeler and Lauren and I followed in the truck.


The walk down (of course) wasn't that bad. This is what we saw when we came around the 50th corner! How beautiful! I have never been down here, and I am so glad I came!







Lauren has always like Uncle Steven :) Probably because he looks so much like her dad! Uncle Steven is always more than happy to hold her.




Here is a family picture by the falls...






Then came the walk out of the Falls. I didn't have the strength to even take a picture! Haha it was such a LONG way back. Steven and Erik so kindly took turns holding Lauren, and I was having a hard enough time with the diaper bag. As Nicole said "I am glad I saw it today, because I will NEVER do that again!" I was tired before we made it 1/8 of the way up! Erik, Steven, Lauren and I started about 5 minutes before the rest of our party and about half way Jeff, and Danielle passed us. I was NOT happy to see them because Jeff came running past us, I didn't even have the strength to think about running and I didn't want him to have that either! haha but we FINALLY made it to the top and Lauren and I got to sit in the air conditioned truck and it was wonderfull!
We got back to camp and we all agreed it was time to rest!

Lauren was so happy to be able to play in the dirt all day! She really loves to be outside, and so she had a ball!


This picture doesn't do her justice, but her face was filthy! I tried to keep it clean, but then after a while it was just no use! She was having to much fun!





Then we went fishing. Lauren is bringing me the worms.


Lauren didn't know what to think about the fish this time around. We have gone fishing before, and she didn't mind them but Erik just plopped it over to her pretty fast and she didn't think that was very fun.
Then it was time to pack up and come home. It is always sad to leave the mountain, but fun because I know I will be getting a shower!


And that was it for Lauren too!

4 comments:

Michaell & Madison said...

oh it looks like you guys had so much fun!!! and that hike does suck did it one time and thought i was going to die!!! but everyone should do it atleast once!!!

Bagleys said...

Awww! so cute! it looks like it was a ton of fun!!! and your hair is soooo cute!

Scotty&Chelsey said...

Looks like you guys had a blast i havent been up on the mts this year either so i NEED to go! And i havent been to the porcipine falls either so we will deff have to hike to it. IT does looks like a tiring hike though but worth it!

Kimberly said...

I LOVED all the pictures you posted. It looks like you guys had fun and I'm sure Erik was in heaven. Danen would love to take his family camping, but there is no way I'm going in my condition! :)