Tuesday, March 3, 2009

8 Months


I can not believe that my little girl is 8 MONTHS! It literally feels like only a few months ago we had her, but then I can't remember my life without her! She has been such a joy, and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world! She is getting so big I can't believe it, she thought since she was 8 months she would have to go up a size in diapers and up a size in clothes. I was in denile for about a week because Lauren would go through about 3 outfits a day due to blow outs of her diaper. I didn't want to move up to size four yet because they seemed so big. I finally made the move and we are back down to one outfit a day! On the clothes end Lauren is fitting into 12 month clothes.

Lauren makes me laugh every day, she has just aquired a fake cry. At times it can be frusterating, but most of the time it makes me laugh :) She has just started to jump in her little excersaucer and she thinks that is pretty cool! She still isn't crawling but I can tell she wants to SO bad. When she sits on her bottom she leans over her legs and gets on her stomach and isn't quite sure what to do after that! Sometimes when she is on her stomach gets up on her hands and feet (like a bear crawl) but doesn't move, she just thinks she is pretty cool! I don't know if I am ready for her to be moble yet, I am so used to setting her down and leaving the room and finding her in that exact same place! It is so fun to watching her figure out how to crawl, and she is getting better each day!
Lauren also loves to look at herself in the mirror. I don't know how this began.. but everytime we pass by the bathroom she leans toward the bathroom and then when I take her to the mirror she smiles and leans towards the mirror. So this is her new favorite place, standing in the sink looking at herself in the mirror...

And stay tuned because we are going swimming this weekend at the Cody Rec. Center with my mom, two sister-in-laws and their children and we are SO excited! I recieved a few swimming suits from hand-me-downs and we just had to try them on.. so here is a preview! Lauren was in a good mood so she was willing to do a few wardrobe changes!

1 comment:

Nick & Lindi said...

WOW... 8 Months? That's crazy! She is getting SO big! I love the pictures with her in the mirror... too cute! And that's exciting that you get to take her swimming. I will definitly stayed tuned!! :)