Monday, September 1, 2008

Lunch with Grandma Asay

This last Saturday my Grandma Asay wanted to have lunch with all of her granddaughters (in the area). She wanted to tell us about all of her jewlery that she has had for all these years that we played with when we were younger. She also gave each of us one of her rings. It was so fun to get together with her and just talk, because my sister and I practically lived over there when we were younger because she was always right across the street, and ALWAYS had pepsi, oreo's and string cheese on hand! We all know when mom says no go to Grandma (and that is just what we did). Even though it was so fun being with my Grandma it was sad all at the same time. She has not been feeling very well, and the doctors have told her that they cannot do anything for her but make her feel comfortable. Her heart isn't as strong as it once was and it is slowly giving out. So at lunch she gave us each a ring and said that we could have any picture in the house we wanted. If anyone knows my grandma you will know that she has been practically EVERYWHERE in the world, I am not kidding, and she has the souveniers to prove it! She has lived an amazing life and has touched lots of peoples hearts. Some people have told me I look like my Grandma Asay... maybe I will turn out like her too!!
This is my Grandma and cousin Mandie getting some of the food ready!

The drinks may look questionable, but it is quarana.. some sort of drink they used to have in tialand or something!

"CHING CHING"
there is a story behind this but I am not sure what it is, but when my family gets together we all do a toast(haha is that the right spelling) and we say ching ching because that is the sound the glasses make when they hit!! Just a weird asay family tradition! Grandma Asay made fried rice for our lunch together :) This is Azelyn (she is not a granddaughter, but she should be one!) playing the piano after we stuffed ourselves full!

Setting up the jewlery

Got to love cream puffs!!
This is a corn cob pipe that Hannah took a liking to!
Here is my beautiful Grandma Asay showing off her jewlery!
Amanda with Lauren, she can never stay awake for the good stuff!



4 comments:

Nick & Lindi said...

Lace... I have ALWAYS loved your sweet Grandma. What an AMAZING lady she is. You're not kidding when you say she's been everywhere in the world. She has the COOLEST stories that could change someone's life too. That's SOO fun that you all got together and did that. I know almost all of your cousins in your pics and how blessed you are to have a sweet family. That's awesome.

Trevor & Andrea said...

sounds like fun:) i love grandmas!! :) ... and family.

Tracy said...

I love your Grandma too!! she's such an amazing, gifted, talented woman. I used to be her Visiting Teacher and I always loved going to see her!!

Kimberly said...

What a cool thing for all of you to get together with your grandma like that. Lauren is such a sweetheart. I feel like we haven't seen her in forever. I think I'm going through withdrawls!