Monday, September 15, 2008

One Year Down


This post is a little late, but better late than never! Last Monday September 8th Erik and I celebrated our FIRST ANNIVERSARY! I still can't believe that we have been married for one whole year(and one week today)! We didn't do anything particularly special because Erik had to go to work Monday night from 7pm to 7am. So we stayed home and ate the top of our year old wedding cake. It had been frozen of course so we didn't have to pick through the mold.. haha just kidding! But the cake was delicious(thanks to Vicky Croft), and we are still working on eating it all because you can't let a good thing go to waist!


Now let me take you back to September 8th 2007 the day of our wedding. The bridesmaids and I are getting our hair done (thanks to Lindi and Jamie who did a WONDERFUL job) and putting on makeup and making sure everything was perfect like all girls do. Rayann and Maddy drive me to the church, and I get bridal pictures done while everyone else is still decorating.

Now you might be wondering where this is going so let me tell you what Erik is doing....

HE IS HUNTING ON OUR WEDDING DAY!! yes he is, and he shot his antelope on our wedding day as well, AND he was almost late for our wedding because he was gutting his deer and all that jazz! It makes a good story, and nothing is better than good memories!


I am horrible at taking pictures and I don't have any of us on our anniversary but her are the latest and greatest pictures of the family!

You may be wondering what this next picture is all about.. I know it might be hard to tell but Erik and Lauren are wearing camo. So it may be tough to see, but if you look really hard you might see two heads!!


Some people say Lauren looks more and more like her dad.. what do you think?

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

How fun! I was going to call on your anniversary, but things just get so darn busy here! Congrats anyway! I'm glad you posted. I've been waiting and waiting for a new one. I love the pictures of you guys with Lauren. She is so sweet! I can't tell who she looks like right now though. I need to see her in person again I guess. :) Hey, did I ever email you all of your wedding pictures that I fixed? If not, let me know and I'll send them to you, so the jpgs are bigger. That way you can print any off if you want to.

Nick & Lindi said...

CONGRATS!!! A year ALREADY?? I can't believe that. It goes by fast huh? And I LOVE the pics of you and lil lauren. She's a doll and you are looking hot as ever. ;) And I love the wedding pics that you posted... very CUTE!! Hope all is well. How is school?

Bagleys said...

Lacey!!! That is sooo crazy! I love it! In just one year you've become a happy family!!! I want to be just like you! :) You seem extremely happy and I can't wait to meet your baby girl! Congrats!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Youre so funny! haha, love it! so i had my first bow hunting experience this past weekend, intense let me tell ya. the life of being married to hunters:) miss ya

jsmbbaker said...

So cute! And the song that played when I opened it was American Girl, perfect for this little post! You need to come hang out!

Becca said...

Happy One Year Anniversary! I love all those pictures, you are such a cute little family.