Monday, August 11, 2008

T'is the Season

You are probably wondering what season I am talking about, but if you know who I am married to you will know I am talking about HUNTING SEASON!! You are also probably wondering why I am talking about HUNTING SEASON so early, but once again if you know Erik he will find any way and do anything to HUNT as long as he can, and it just so happens that he has an archery tag to HUNT antelope that opens on Friday the 15th.
Erik needed a new bow this year because his is pretty old, so today we went to Cody and bought him a brand spankin' new bow! It about made us both cry when we bought it because they cost a pretty penny, but he has hunting on the brain so it didn't slow him down one bit! But the trip to Cody was really fun, and really over due. Things have been crazy around the house with getting the hang of things with Lauren and Eriks crazy work schedule, so it was nice to be able to hang out with my husband for a chance, and Lauren just slept the whole time and Erik and I got to catch up it seemed like!! It was especially fun for me because I got to get out of the house, and I am always up for a trip to Cody or just a trip anywhere:) Anyways back to HUNTING!! I know most of you know that Erik is a HUNTING fanatic but I don't know if you know what i live in.... Our house is extra small and I mean extra small, but it doesn't stop Erik from showing off his deer. So in our house that is extra small we have a total of 11 deer and antelope mounts in that extra small house of ours. How you ask, let me show you!!
The first three pictures take place in the living room, and no it is not an illusion there is really a total of seven deer in our living room! Erik must just like to live with a lot of deers (Lauren and I can be quite deer our self!)
And for all you out there who don't know much about deer the two deer on the right are mule deer because of there large ears and they usually have a wider rack, and the one on the left is a white tail and if you could see the tail you could see the white undernieth and there horns all come off the same beam while mule deers horns fork off (or something like that!) Now see if your can tell what the other deer are!!
He was actually on a hunting show with his dad when he shot this one!! Yeah, my husband is a movie star:)
Like I said we are still in the living room!
Now we are on to the back room..
and I promise this is it!! So you see what I live with, I guess if I get bored talking to lauren I can always strike up a conversation with the animal in my house!! But some day when we have our own house Erik claims he is going to have a trophy room and that is where all the deer will go so we can have some wall space for pictures and fancy stuff like that!
This is last years kill, and yes it is mounted on our wall!
Thats right this is me with my first deer! It is a dink, but the first deer I tried to shoot, I failed but it was a fun experience! It was bigger than this deer, but not by too much. Erik had me army crawling and climbing over and under fences. But he made the mistake when he thought i could rest the gun on a barb wire fence. It didn't work so well because I was shaking so bad because I was nervous and scarred. So when I shot this buck we were on a cliff looking down and I was able to rest the gun on solid ground.
Erik told me today that he found some deer that aren't big enough for him to shoot but he says I can shoot one!! The high expectation he has for me :)
Lauren wouldn't be Eriks girl if she didn't have camo, and thanks to Shannon she has got her camo and is ready for HUNTING SEASON!
This one I am saving for Friday, the opening day of Eriks HUNTING SEASON, and I will make an orange bow to go in her hair so she will still look girly!



6 comments:

jsmbbaker said...

I loved your posts! I wish I had that many deer to hang up. I only have one deer that I would consider making a mount of, and it was still pretty pathetic. I will have to try harder this year, and maybe get a good deal from good old Uncle Steve on a flippin' great mount for the wall of my house that I never get to be in! Hey- you can come over any time and hang out with us, cause I get just as crazy talking to the kids... at least Lauren isn't talking back yet;)!

Kimberly said...

Poor Lacey! I know what you have to live with. I lived with all three of them (Dad, Erik and Steven) for the first how many years of my life! Danen would have deer up if I let him. But I put my foot down and said "No animals on the wall" until he does have a trophy room of his own. He's planning on putting that room in our basement! Oh, and Lauren looks so cute in that pink camo!

Emily Asay said...

That is so funny about all the deer in your house--you are SUCH a good wife for tolerating that. Hang in there with baby #1, I know its so hard trying to figure things out and stay sane (with all the sleep deprivation, hormones, emotions, etc.) :)

Nick & Lindi said...

Lace I always LOVE to read your posts. You're so funny and it sounds like you're doing great. I love the lil camo outfit for your baby lauren. Really cute... and you are a GREAT wife for having all those deer hanging up. ;) love ya

Ranee` said...

Lacey, this is Ranee` Clark and I had to post and say: Been there, doing that!! I love that my husband loves hunting--but I feel like a widow and a single mom for the next four months. I'm secretly glad that he didn't get an antelope tag... :) P.S. We're doing playgroup at the park on Wednesday 10:30am (every Wed.)

nina said...

I am so NOT showing my husband your post. I would never hear the end of it. We actually got in a real fight about whether we were going to hang his four deer up. I bet you can guess who won, ME! I actually started crying, it was pretty funny, I was like, "it will ruin everything I've done to decorate the place". I guess he felt sorry for me. Good luck with all your animal friends! Your a loving wife.