Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lauren's Blessing & more...

Last Sunday Lauren was blessed, and she behaved very well as usual! She still sleeps quite a bit and thats just what she did during her blessing :) Here are a few pictures of her in her blessing dress... I took some pictures of her laying on the grass but they looked kind of weird so we just stuck to the camo blanky!!
This picture with her dad took a lot of work, I had to convince him that it would be the cutest picture EVER (and I was right) but I had to be fast with the camera to catch this moment!!
And lately when I am with Erik and Lauren and someone says wow look at that hair, I am not quite sure if they are talking about Lauren or Erik because haha look at that hair!! It was funny because the other day Erik told me that I should cut my hair and I just laughed and said I would when he cuts his:) So we will see what happens!
Lauren looks like she is picking her nose in this one, but I assure you that she isn't. We won't teach her that until she is at least one or so!!
The Family
School is starting soon and I am not really to excited about it, so any moms who have gone to school while raising a child don't be afraid to give me some advice. I am doing all online classes (hopefully) I just recently found the classes I need online at Western Wyoming Community College and so I signed up for them, and I hope I can still get in. I am sure I will be fine but just thinking about school sucks because right now I am having fun just worrying about Lauren and nothing else. But I am hoping that I can get into a routine with the online classes and Lauren, and set specific times each day for each class. (however that is asking A LOT for me to be that productive but I will sure give it a try!) I have done online classes before (and passed!!) so we will see what happens.
In the wonderful world of the Bassett family nothing to exciting has happend. One of Eriks best friends brother Brad Mickelson recently died so we have been dealing with that. My family was able to help out the Mickelson by giving them a casket. I know that sounds weird, but my dad has built caskets for the people in my family that have passed away. He would build them to keep thier death off his mind, and then my family would all come out and help with anything that he needed. But it was always nice to be surrounded by family at that time. Anyways I got a little off track, this winter my dad was just experimenting and built a casket out of tounge and grove wood that he had left over and he just had it sitting in the shop. When he heard about Brad he called me and asked me if I would ask the Mickelsons if they would like to have it. My dad wanted me to ask them because he didn't think he could, I am just a emotional but I told them. Some of them came out and helped but the lining inside the casket, and I hope that it helped them out a little to be around family. I don't think I have met a more gracious family because everytime I see one of them they say thankyou to me, and I didn't do anything but tell them about it. They are such a great family, and they are so lucky to have each other at this time of grief. That is what I love about small communities, is that everyone helps out. It is such a sad thing when someone dies, but everyones support is what helps us get through it. Keep the Mickelsons in your prayers.
Hope you all have a good day!

3 comments:

Nick & Lindi said...

Lace she looked absolutely adorable in her dress. I'm glad I'm not the only one who DOES NOT want to start school. LOL!! I start Monday and I'm not excited at all! ;) I'm sure you'll do great though! Good luck with everything.

Kimberly said...

Cute blessing pictures! I'm so sorry we couldn't be there, but there just wasn't anyway we could make another trip right now. I love the picture of Erik kissing Lauren it is so cute! And his hair is awful - he needs to cut it! :) That's interesting that your dad makes caskets. What a nice thing that he had one that the Mickelson's could use. Did you go to the funeral? How are Erik and Steven doing with everything? Keep posting pictures! And good luck starting school!

Becca said...

I am so glad you found our blog, it's so fun to stay caught up with everyone and their lives! Lauren is so so beautiful and I love her head of hair. Good luck with school I'm sure you'll do great juggling it all!