Monday, February 20, 2012

What we have been up to...

I titled this post with high hopes that I would have all of these fun, exciting things to write... and I've got nothing! I am sure we have been doing something, but I guess we are just surviving as for now! I am taking a class on Campus at NWC - Fundimentals of Physics (yuck.. I know!) and so every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I find myself in Powell - Lauren goes to the Daycare and Sawyer gets tossed around from place to place, and I am so grateful for the wonderful ladies in my life who agree to watch her! Lauren really enjoys going to the Daycare, and I am so excited for her to start Preschool next year because I know she will love it! Lauren started Dance in the Fall and she loves going to practice with Miss Candida and all her friends!
On Wednesday's we do a little Preschool/playgroup with some of the moms in Byron and the kids learn a little and play alot! Of course the moms enjoy it just as much because we get some fun adult conversations in!
As for the rest of the week inbetween school, playdates, and dance we visit the grandparents and cousins, play/fight (whats the difference, right?!) do hair (thats what I get for having two girls and me in the house) and most of the time hang out!
I would really like to say that I do crafts, teach Lauren letters/numbers/sounds (on a daily basis), makes fabulous meals, and so on.. but who am I kidding here! Lets just say I am trying :)
I got a new van a couple days ago.. yes, I said VAN! I am so excited about it and officially feel like a grown up! We got an '04 Toyota Sienna and for the year the price and the look it is exactly what I wanted! I never thought I would be the happy owner of a van kind of gal, and Erik never thought he would own a van either.. but I am very excited about all the room that we now have in the van (notice that I said I  am very excited, Erik is not so much and doesn't think he wants me to bring him a lunch out to work anymore because he is embaressed of it - and you know, that is ok with me!!) Me and the girls are happy to cruse around in the van because WE make it look good! Haha, ok enough about the van!

Other than that, we are really up to not much more! It is my goal to keep this blog going, so hopefully I will succeed!

2 comments:

Trevor & Andrea said...

You crack me up! Trevor feels the same about vans, I am pretty sure I would get a similar reaction if we owned one. It would totally be "my" deal... not his! :)

Kimberly said...

Yay! You have to take pictures of the van and post them! I'm not a huge van fan (even though I have one). I like SUV's. BUT I have to say if I had to have a van Toyota Sienna's are the kind I like best! :) And I'm so glad Lauren got to come for Kennedy's party. It was sooo much fun to have her here. The girls were in heaven and I enjoyed getting to know her better. We'll need to do it again soon - so she can get to know us better too. She was awesome here but you could tell by Sunday she had had enough of us and wanted to get back home to her mom and dad! :)