Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dancin' Girl

Lauren has a new found love, DANCE! She has always been a dancin' girl, but lately she has been taken over by the power of dance! When I brought my DVD home of the recital of my "dancing girls" that I teach she could not get enough of it. She wanted to have all the props like they did, i.e. dancin' shoes, tu-tu, gloves, umbrella, football, wands, towels and much more. Luckily we had some of the stuff, and luckily she had her moves to add in with it!  I am so excited that this September Lauren will be able to be in dance!! All we have to decide is whether it is going to be tap, or jazz? Both teachers are awesome, so maybe Lauren will have to decide!

 This is Lauren's interpretation of gloves, and an umbrella (the hat is what she came up with to be her umbrella)

 Lauren also loves to dance with ties! Grandpa Jolley had them hanging on his closet door and Lauren found them and thought they were pretty cool! Lauren's version of "Thia Dancing" (Thia sounds like tie)! My mom was able to travel pretty much around the world with my grandparents and one of the things my mom learn to do was Thia Dance. It is a special dance done in Thialand, and my mom taught us girls and would want us to do it at family parties (and I would be so shy and not want too.) But Lauren came up with her own "Thia Dancing" and grandma didn't even have to teach her!

 Lauren just dancing away!!


Lauren has many styles of dance! She does this silly little shoulder shrug, and she can really wiggle her hips! In this video she looks like she is river dancing!

5 comments:

Trevor & Andrea said...

Pahahaha! SOOO cute! :)

Michaell & Madison said...

hahaha!!!! i love her....she is so cute!!!

Kimberly said...

I love her outfits - so cute!

Cole and Amanda said...

The dancing is so awesome! Hahaha I love the shoulders

Hillary said...

Lauren is so adorable! She is an amazing dancer, I can't wait to see her for myself!